Old Nick

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 14:09:29 -0700, "Joel Corwith"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

I had a sneek path above the welding gloves into the jacket which allowed
full view of my fore arm, or should I say sore arm? That was red for quite
a while. The second is reflection off your shirt which will light up the
inside of the mask as if you weren't wearing it. They sell leather guards
you can attach to the chin of the mask to eliminate that sneek path.

This stuff is _really_ direct in its path. It finds those sorts of
gaps. I wear a white lab jacket to weld, and have had to watch my
face.

Wear clear saffety glasses or a face plate at all times, unless you
have the welding helmet on.

I've had pops jump into the helmet. I'd recommend the safety glasses at all

Yep. Me too. On lomg easy welding runs I wear my safety sunnies, One
more layer to make it easier on the eyes. For smaller, or finiocky
work I wear clear ones.

times and a small slag of metal into your ear will just ruin your day.

Some guy hear (pun intended) talked af a fried eardrum, I think. It
may not have been that bad, but he said there was this enormous sound
of frying bacon.