Brett A. Thomas

J wrote:
We have disproved the safety part. Now tell me how it is neater. You still
have a cord going from tool to socket in either case. In the case of
extension cords you can roll them up and put them away if you want to. I do.
It means the kids can't turn on the machine by accident or even on purpose.

Well, this is getting into a whole other question, but I'd love feedback
on this. My basic plan has been to run a dedicated set of wiring for
fixed machines (defining "fixed" to include some stuff that's mobile but
plugged in most of the time), and to have panic stops and a lockout box
for those circuits. That'll let me lock down the stationary power tools
when I leave the shop (in case the kids get in) but still have lights
work, batteries charge, etc. Anyone have a good source for those kinds
of electrical supplies (lockout boxes, panic buttons, etc)?

-BAT