Thomas Bunetta

Hi Bill,
Thanks for thinking about this!
A friend suggested I match up enough boards (5-7" in length) to "slice off"
the smaller widths which would then be vertically aligned and "flow" from
one case to the other. (Much easier than all those separate glue ups.)
What'cha think?
Thanks,
Tom
"Bill Wallace" wrote in message
om...
Traditional panel would be vertical grain. However, this also
typiciall assumes the panel has a vertically longer aspect ratio.

Earlier I suggested one center stile. I thought about that later and
here is more astehetic (sp?) input.

If you go to a single center stile, you "could" make it 1.5-to-2x the
width of the side stiles. To be really accurate you should use the
golden ration of 1.6 something. Or you could break up the back into
three panels, then use the same width for all 5 stiles.

BW

"Thomas Bunetta" wrote in message
"Alan Bierbaum" wrote in message
I would use either vertical shiplaped boards (1/8" space) or frame and
panel. Either would be historically correct and pleasing to the eye.

--
Alan Bierbaum

Web Site: http://www.calanb.com
Current project: http://home.comcast.net/~cabierbaum/

snipped
Hi Alan,
The shiplapped idea had not occured to me, Thanks!
If frame and panel, vertical or horizontal grain?
Thanks for sharing,
Tom