Chuck Hoffman

You obviously hold the "ancient masters" in high regard. And I will agree
that many of them did striking work. But (just to pick one example we all
know) Norm Abram makes handsome antique reproductions, which conform very
well to the originals, with only a small amount of hand work. Most of his
time is spent operating his extensive collection of power tools.

It is possible to do craftsman-like work with power tools. It just requires
a different set of skills.

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
(snip)

The most beautiful furniture that I have ever seen was accomplished by
men who had no access to power tools at all.

(snip)
Regards,
Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)