George

Get the Foxfire (II, I think) book off the shelf and learn some banjo other
than a toolrest.

I am assuming (yeah, yeah) that he's using the coarse wood thread into the
end grain of the wood, the fine, and a washer/nut, through the turned rim.
With the deep threads he shouldn't need help, though it's not my banjo.

"Arch" wrote in message
Bart, by all means use traditional wax, it's not the season for
deliquescense. Soap was a way to tease Leif, our newest COC.
Sorry......(not really)

BTW, the book on the coffee table belongs to Leo Lichtman, not the Leo
from the land of windmills, dikes and wooden shoes..... and gracious
people.

I don't know from banjos. What is a pot/rim and what are the turned
parts that you are fastening together?

I do think CA glue might strengthen the wooden threads, but I await
disagreement. This is serious business.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter