mac davis

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 08:13:39 -0600, "Dr. Deb"
wrote:

It all depends. It depends on what you are going to use it for, your skill
level, income, severity of use, etc. Take their cordless drills for
example. The 18v. is a very good tool for the occasional hobbist, home
use, etc.

You are right, the quality is not there, most of the time. But for those of
us who are beginning or occasional hobbists, there is no way we can justify
the added expense of "name brand." Speaking of which, A lot of stuff
Grizzly sells LOOKS an awful lot like the stuff from HF. Are you
suggesting a person buy Grizzly just because of the name? Just kidding!

If price were no issue and my skills warranted it, I would buy top of the
line everytime. However, as they say, this is not a perfect world.

Deb

it's NOT? damn! *g*

IMHO, if we could all start this "hobby" with a lot of bucks and a
knowledge of tools, HF wouldn't exist..

But for people like me, who had a new marriage/job/family/home to take
priority over tool budget, places like HF allow you to get a few basic
tools that you'd have to wait years for if you only bought good
quality tools..