Larry Jaques

On 01 Dec 2004 15:25:08 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
spake the words:

Steve xxx asks:
Everybody probably already knows this but, you can get an Amazon
credit card (really Bank One) and they will give a $30 credit. There
is no lower limit on what you can spend it just has to be at least the
$30 credit. I did it and will probably never use the card again. How
does a company make money doing this?

On your "probably" and the fact that probably 90% of people who get such cards
go ahead and use them.

Recently, I was offered a Bank of America business card. The annual
service fee was only $100. Needles ta slay, I turned it down.

I tore up another credit card offer last week. Their interest rate
was 28.94% ! When I was growing up, I took a Business Law course in
high school. Back then, 28.94% interest was called "usury" and the
bank would have been keel hauled for it. I wonder if a certain group
of old-line Sicilians runs the CC companies now.

I keep one CC tied to my bank account for general purposes and one for
the business. The rest of my cards were cut up by me years ago and I
don't miss any of that interest payment crap at all.

give me The Luxuries Of Life *
http://www.diversify.com
i can live without the necessities * 2 Tee collections online