U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 12:50:06 +0000, Andy Dingley
wrote:
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:45:34 GMT, Ba r r y
wrote:

Sometimes you start with flat boards before doing something more
interesting, power tools could be useful to even the most devout
neander. After all, the 18th century had self-acting power tools for
the simple tedious work - they were called apprentices. I see no
benefit in ignoring useful power for stock preparation, but a router
won't be replacing my moulders and scratch stocks any time soon.

The 18th Century had self-feeding gang rip saws, only they were water
powered and reciprocating rather than circular and electric powered.

The physique of lumbermill apprentices before water power must have been
a sight to behold from ripsawing or wedge splitting planks from logs.