steve

I have looked at a few different ones, also used the Hitachi .
The laser that mounts on the blade did not seem to be very good for me as it
only lights up when the blade is spinning. I got the Laserkerf and installed
it on my 12" sliding DeWalt, it was easy to install and setup was easy too,
Although I have a type 1 saw so I had to buy an extra bracket for it. They
have two options a battery one and an AC powered one also two sizes of
laser,a thin kerf and a full kerf, so the laser line is exactly where your
blade will cut, either side.
setup and installation was a breeze (sticky pads) the whole thing cost me
about $95 inc tax and shipping. I do trim and stairs for a living and the
saw gets moved everyday and the laser seems to be good all the time.
Although I do have to spent a minute or so setting it every time I set the
saw up. In a workshop you probably wont have to do that but once.
http://www.laserkerf.com/
Hope this helps

"T" wrote in message
I want to get a laser cutting guide for my Dewalt 12" sliding compound
miter
saw - I've seen a couple different brands on the net, one from Rockler's
(Avenger) for $57.99 and another from SevenCorners.com (bladepoint) for
$59.88. They both say easy to install. Is there any great difference in
brands, quality? Are there any safety issues involved?

I saw my first laser guide in person a couple weeks ago, a friend of mine
had one on a jobsite on a Hitachi miter saw (it came built into the saw)
and
I thought it was the coolest thing I've ever seen. I don't have any depth
perception and I'm always doing the squat,
lower-the-blade-and-look-where-it's-going-to-cut thing, and this seems
like
a tremedous time (and knee) saver. Thanks in advance for any and all
input.

Tony