Mike in Mystic

The truth is that the average credit card debt per American household is
about $8,000 with an average interest rate of about 18%. This amounts to
$1440 in interest per year. I would guess that most of the people who
bother to get the card actually will use it. Even if their interest rate is
only 10%, that means they only have to have an average annual balance of
$300 for one year to make up for the initial credit. Personally, having
hits on your credit report for these types of things is not really a good
idea, so I would never get a card like this unless I planned to use it.
That's why I only have one credit card and it is locked in my file cabinet
and only used in extraordinary cases.

"Steve" wrote in message
Everybody probably already knows this but, you can get an Amazon
credit card (really Bank One) and they will give a $30 credit. There
is no lower limit on what you can spend it just has to be at least the
$30 credit. I did it and will probably never use the card again. How
does a company make money doing this?

Steve