SteveB

It is an alternating current 225 amp welder. It uses alternating current to
weld with, and it is used for thick materials. The rods you can run on AC
are less than those that will burn on DC. It has a lot more penetration for
welds that really have to hold.

HTH

Steve
wrote in message
om...
What is an AC-225?

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:56:24 -0500, "Jim C Roberts"
jimnthem_AT_comcast_DOT_net wrote:

Hope you still feel that way after you read this.

Mike, I was at the Home Depot this evening and noticed that they have

one
of the Lincoln 225 Tombstone buzzboxes for about $250US. I'm not sure

what
you paid for yours, just a thought I guess.

Jim

Ive got a spare AC-225 Id let someone from this group have pretty
reasonable. Im a bit welder "poor" at the moment...and really dont
need 7 of them.

Damnedest thing...they keep following me home....

Gunner

"I mean, when's the last time you heard of a college where the Young
Republicans staged a "Sit In" to close down the Humanities building?
On the flip side, how many sit in's were staged to close the ROTC
building

back in the '60's?
Liberals stage protests, do civil disobedience, etc.
Conservatives talk politely and try to work out a solution to problems
through discourse until they believe that talking won't work... they they

go home and open the gun cabinets.
Pray things never get to the point where the conservatives decide that
"civil disobedience" is the next step, because that's a very short route

to "voting from the rooftops"
Jeffrey Swartz, Misc.Survivalism