m Ransley

You have a cheap finish and if a bit of water affects it now the oils
from your hands will ruin it as well. Ive never seen dripping water
affect a quality finish unless it is not cured which depending on type
of finish can take a month or so. I have seen a cheap Tiawan finish
cabinet fail, it was just a bad product used. If the cabinet guy
finished them find out the product used and talk to the company that
made it. Ive seen alot of kitchens, what you describe does not happen
with quality finishes even after 20 yrs. Get a few people out that know
finishes, they probably need to be sprayed-recoated before damage
requires stripping and refinishing. I hope you have not paid in full
yet.