James L. Marino

Has anyone here ever used "Howe's Oil"? Killer stuff. Beats the
daylights out of WD and LPS. Don't know if I would use it as a lube for the
ways on a lathe, though. But if you want to protect metal from the weather,
Howe's Oil is "the Kind." Protects and lubes any metal that is exposed to
moisture. Put a drop into the cylinder of your outdoor padlocks (garage
door, gates, trailers, etc.), and 7 years later, the key slips in and the
lock pops right open. Try THAT with WDuck.

(No association with the manufacturer, just a happy customer.)

James

"PeterM" wrote in message
I just picked up an older Unimat lathe, a DB 200. I like to clean it up.

It
has light rust on the metal rails that allow other pieces to slide on.

What
is the best way to do that, and maybe a hint on what to put on the parts
afterwards, so the rust will not come back......many

thanks...........Peter