Arch

Hi Bart,

Are hanger bolts the accepted hardware for what you are making? I think
of them as rough & imprecise fasteners more useful for furniture etc.
Usually the threads are rolled and the double depths imprecise. They
crush the wood rather than cut it.

On Leo's coffee table there is a book that lists drill sizes for
specific sizes of bolts, but they refer to metal work. If hanger bolts
are what you want, then I think the hole should be the size of the
bolt's core and you would best strengthen the wood with dab of ca glue
instead of oil. You might want to lube the bolt's threads with soap.
(Use Ivory, it's 99.9% pure, while nobody but Leif knows what's in LDD
or how it works and he won't tell. 'G')

I am so banjo illiterate (wotttenhell is a pot/rim?) that I don't even
know if you want to fasten wood to metal or to wood, but either way I
wonder if there aren't better methods than hanger bolts?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter