Gunner

On 30 Nov 2004 20:31:52 -0500, (DoN. Nichols)
wrote:

In article ,
Gunner wrote:
On 30 Nov 2004 02:25:01 -0500,
(DoN. Nichols)
wrote:

You're unlikely to find them in an optics book -- but a
well-equipped machine shop is more likely to have one.

[ ... ]

business, but not for a hobbyist. The brand on mine is "Micro-Vu", and
the one on the MSC offering is Fowler, IIRC.

I have a spare Micro-Vu that Id let go really cheap. Screen is in
excellent condition, but the light source was removed for some reason.
Power transformer is fine as is the staging. Might be a good place to
put on a nice bright LED light source.

Or build one around one of the Quartz Halogen projection lamps
with built-in reflector. Some of them (usually marked 82 V IIRC) are
designed to run from the AC line fed by a single rectifier diode. No
big transformer to deal with. But then again, the transformer in the
back helps counterweight the optics, stage, and lens at the front.

No dial indicators, clamp your own on.

Of course -- but provisions for mounting them. I've put a 5"
travel one on the X-axis on mine.

Out of curiosity, do you know which lens yours has?

Not at the moment. Ill have to dig it out and look. I believe the
magnification is 10x IRRC but which lens..no idea. It has the standard
MicroVu screen and grid pattern.

Frankly its in my way, and Id like to see someone get it.

Ive a minty 12" Dorsey OC in my back office that I use and I
understand that Ive just been bequeathed a Sony (? its orange) floor
model with DRO. ("Its in my way..come and get it..we just got new
CMMS and Mitys"...click)

Gunner

Enjoy,
DoN.

"I mean, when's the last time you heard of a college where the Young
Republicans staged a "Sit In" to close down the Humanities building?
On the flip side, how many sit in's were staged to close the ROTC building back in the '60's?
Liberals stage protests, do civil disobedience, etc.
Conservatives talk politely and try to work out a solution to problems
through discourse until they believe that talking won't work... they they go home and open the gun cabinets.
Pray things never get to the point where the conservatives decide that
"civil disobedience" is the next step, because that's a very short route to "voting from the rooftops"
Jeffrey Swartz, Misc.Survivalism