Old Nick

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 04:56:45 GMT, vaguely
proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Some other stuff.

Don't breathe the fumes. At least have active ventilation. Even
better, have a fan blowing the stuff well away from you, as soon as
you can after it leaves the weld area without blowing too much on the
actual weld. You should not smell the welding process.....ever.

Wear overall clothing. Welding is baaaad sunburn. Can cause cancer.

When brushing and grinding, at _least_ wear a paper/cloth face mask.
They are not worth much, but are better than nada.

Wear ear protection, especially when using power tools.

Wear clear saffety glasses or a face plate at all times, unless you
have the welding helmet on.

One day, just try a wire feed welder for a while (wicked grin)

Ok, so many people have helped & I am extremely grateful... but I don't feel
like posting to each person individually.. so.. hehe. I just went out &
practiced welding on a more CLEAN surface (will buy a wire brush drill
attachment asap) which happened to be my old catback exhaust (factory)... I
turned it on the highest setting (doesn't say amps, just says 5/64" setting)
and used a 7014 rod--1/16", aka wuss rod--and I did some pretty wicked