Bob

Get some big landscape rocks and install them where the cars enter your
lawn. After a few cars get torn up it will stop.

"Jeff Cochran" wrote in message
On 29 Nov 2004 10:39:48 -0800, wrote:

Any idea on what I can do about people driving too fast and sliding
around a curve landing in my front yard? The speedlimit is 35 but they
drive about 60. I got home to find huge ruts in my yard the other day.

I have talked to the county executive , judge madjestrate, highway
department. I have written letters and attached photos.

I was thinking of putting a fence up using 6x6 posts in concrete but
wondered if somehow someone would try to sue me if they got hurt.

A fence is probably okay if you meet your local codes, but landscaping
may be a better idea. A berm, topped with significant shrubbery, will
stop cars and is likely legal to have closer to the road than a fence
(check you local codes though).

Though I like the parking charge idea...

Jeff