Leuf

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:26:18 -0500, "Thomas Bunetta"
wrote:

Hi Leuf,
A curiosity... do you think the horizontal grain would look as good as
vertical (it would be a lot easier, and shrinkage and expantion will be
reduced due to narrower tangential cross section.

I think that the grain usually runs vertically simply because panels
are usually longer vertically. Consider the other pieces in the
room. If it's going to be adjacent to something else with the grain
going vertically I might convince myself it was worth matching it, but
I think I would break up the panels with one or more stiles. I think
that might end up looking too busy though, on top of being a heckuva
lot more work and I would have talked myself back into going
horizontal.

Or perhaps you could leave the backs unfinished and make a free
standing room divider to put behind them. Could end up being more
useful down the road if you rearrange things at some point.

-Leuf