Dave Balderstone

In article , J.B.
Bobbitt wrote:

I guess it varies from person to person, but I had an EXTREME and immediate
allergic reaction to the sawdust from that wood. Within 20 seconds of the
first cut, my nostrils, sinus passages and throat slammed shut, I gagged and
coughed and sneezed violently, my eyes itched to holy heaven. It was all I
could do to kill the saw and get out of the shop until the dust settled.

I had a histamine reaction to cocobolo a number of months back, so I'm
cautious with any of the exotics.

But based on your experience, perhaps I'll do a first cut and wait a
bit to see if I react.

Thanks for the info. I'd already planned to use the breathing mask,
I'll add goggles and log sleeves to the equation.