Cliff

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:33:01 GMT, Johan wrote:

Yes, I agree and it doesn't help to explain the miniscule odds of it
happening to any specific individual.

The usual claims are that "guns make you safer" when, in fact,
if someone is killed it's *at best* 1 in 8 odds that it's a criminal.
The other 7+ are you, your family members, a friend ot two,
the Pizza guy at the door ...

Another one is that "the more guns we have the fewer deaths
by gunfire we will have" leading to when nobody has any guns
deaths by gunfire are at their peak.

Lots of other silly claims are also often made.
Care to try finding a few new ones?

BTW, AFAIK No American has ever been killed in
a Nuclear bomb blast therefore Nuclear bombs are
very safe for the kiddies to play with, right?
--
Cliff (Instructing wingers for over a decade.)