J.B. Bobbitt

I guess it varies from person to person, but I had an EXTREME and immediate
allergic reaction to the sawdust from that wood. Within 20 seconds of the
first cut, my nostrils, sinus passages and throat slammed shut, I gagged and
coughed and sneezed violently, my eyes itched to holy heaven. It was all I
could do to kill the saw and get out of the shop until the dust settled.

Be careful.

-jbb

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
tone.ca...
AKA "Brazilian Walnut"...

I picked up a piece to use on a jewelry box I'm making for the daughter
for Christmas. Very interesting figure and a very interesting smell
that has filled the shop. Spicy...

A quick Google search reveals that like most exotics I should wear my
breathing gear, but does anyone have any hints on working this wood?

How does it glue? Finish (I'm planning to use shellac)? Any cautions
beyond not breathing the dust?