RonB

I have had some Ryobi tools that were pretty good, especially my old
12-5/16" surface planer. However, I was helping my daughter Christmas shop
for a router for her husband last year and Ryobi was on her list. I am not
sure of the model but two of the machines in the store had the worst depth
lock I have seen. I could set it and easily change the depth by 1/16" with
fairly moderate hand pressure. This is a built-in frustration feature not
to mention expensive in terms of ruined hardwood.

Spend $60 to $100 more and get a Bosch, Porter Cable or Dewalt. When you
consider the cost of Oak or Walnut it is a pretty low premium for quality.