C & S

Including one that costs a lot more than the others
gives a sense of what a significant difference in
cost accomplishes, if anything. What is the bench-
mark ? Also, I don't see why it matters which one
"won." The real information in the article, IMO, is
not that FWW decided that one is a "winner" but
the details they present about each one, no ?

OK. It's I can live with the inclusion of a ringer, but the omission of half
of the competition in that price band renders the article quite lame.

IMHO, people first choose what class of machine they are willing to pay for.
Once they determine wat class of machine is appropriate for their
skills/budget they they scrutinize specific models.

It would be kind of like doing a review of all table saws that come with a
Bies or Bies-clone fence, including a Griz contractor saw, a PM66 and
leaving out the Unisaw because it comes with a Unifence.. (yeah I know that
you can get Unisaw with a Beis, but pretend for a minute with me)

-Steve