Gary A in KC

I think the best answer is "it pays to shop". I've found wood at Woodcraft
half the price of what I pay at a couple of lumber yards I go to. I've also
found similar lumber that's twice as much as other lumber yards. No real
rhyme or reason to it as far as I can see. When I need wood I shop a couple
of places and go with best quality for the money.
Biggest problem I have buying wood at Woodcraft is my local one has a lousy
selection. I don't often buy there, but have recently bought some gorgeous
quilted maple that no one else carries locally.

Gary in KC

"slindars" wrote in message
om...
How are the prices at Woodcraft for lumber? I'm getting ready to buy
some wood for my 1st real woodworking project. I will probably use
Oak, Maple, etc, nothing fancy. I'll be building a set of TV trays.
I've seen the selection at HD for comparison. Since I don't have a
full shop and tool selection I might just buy S4S or S2S for now. I'm
in Broward County, FL in case anyone has any local recommendations.

Thanks