willshak

On 11/30/2004 12:57 PM US(ET), took fingers to
keys, and typed the following:

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:03:38 -0600, John Willis
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 03:19:03 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
scribbled this interesting note:

wrote in message

This is the 3rd Skil saw that developed this problem.

After the second, you could be su re my third would not be a Skil. Unless
you are getting them free.

Buying the wrong Skil. Try the worm drive version. I've never worn one
out. And some parts interchange from older to newer units. I believe
the part number is HD-77. And yes, I know Bosch makes them these days
since that's where I have to go for the occasional new handle.

Actually I did get 2 of them almost free. I bought the first one new,
the other two I picked up at an auction for $1 each. (a real auction,
not Ebay). For a buck each, I surely wouldn't bitch. Both worked,
but both wore out or lost those damn guard return springs. They still
work, but are just dangerous with those missing springs. Are you
saying to contact Bosch for the springs? Got a phone number?

Thanks

Mark

I recently looked for some parts for an old Model 77, Type 3, Skil worm
drive that I inherited. Not the return spring (which still works), but
the little handle to swing the blade guard out of the way, and the
locking lever handles for the plate angle and depth adjustment. The
locking nuts are still there but the quick release levers are gone (they
look like flat socket wrenches) . The newer owners manuals are on line
in PDF format at
http://www.skil.com/Help+With+Tools/...on+Manuals.htm
There was none for the old 77 Type 13. I downloaded the newer HD77
manual (at the bottom of the above site page) and the parts looked
somewhat similar but were not attached in the same way. I emailed Skil
and got a reply back from Michelle that the parts indeed looked a little
different and that I should contact Skil at:

Skil Factory Service Center
121 Corporate Blvd.
S. Plainfield, NJ 07080
908/769-8208

I never contacted Skil or bought the parts though, so I can't say if
they would fit.