Slowhand

"ezalpha" wrote in message
.. .
Thanks. I bought the 1 x3 and was going to strap it. Then I read where
it's best to sheath about 2' around the perimeter of the roof surface and
strap inside that. One said use tarpaper and another said don't use
tarpaper because it can trap moisture on the underside.

I live on the north oregon coast and use tar paper. Have for 20 years. I
think we are the moisture capital of the world g.

Is there a type of air-powered nailer and fastener I can use.

We use narrow crown air staplers. Because of our close proximity to the
ocean, we use 1 1/2"stainless. Spendy buggers! I don't know if you get
much wind in your area but if you do, stay away from brads of any sort. A
good windstorm will find you gathering up kindling from your yard. Ask me
how I know this. lol. If you do choose to hand nail it, I would reccomend
a 5 penny shingle nail. Just ask for them at your local building center.
Happy shingling!
SH