tsltrek

(jeff) wrote in message . com...
(tsltrek) wrote in message . com...

Hi,

My GE electric dryer is super heating randomly...

Intermittant problems are the worst to work through!!

we always use timed
dry (60-80 minutes)...on random loads the dryer will heat the clothes
too hot to touch...

Shorted to ground heating element can cause the element to stay on,
bad thermostat ( operating ) can also do this, but being intermittant
you would alomost have to catch the dryer in the act to see what or
why.

I've check for a lint clog...

All the way through the dryer and out the venting system to the vent
hood?

the timer
runs...doesn't seem to get hung up...any ideas?

Thanks.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

I'm thinking of just replacing the two cycling thermostats (not the
high temp or safety tstats as they are $50+)...sound like a good idea?