Allyn Vaughn

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:41:55 GMT, (Chuck)
wrote:

On 27 Nov 2004 23:29:41 GMT,
(Jim Gott) wrote:

Kevin,

An afterthought on the Jet Mini: The toolrest is predisposed to easily break
right where the post meets the top, so I would have a backup handy.
The one our club owns has a simple homemade "T" made of welded 5/8" stock that
works well.

Don't know what people are doing to them that are breaking them. I'm
murder on tools and in 3 years of abuse mine hasn't given a shimmy.

Broke mine during the first few months. Gouge got caught and came
down hard on top of the tool rest and it snapped right at the point
where the post meets the rest. Sent an e-mail to Jet and they
immediately replaced it at no cost (still on warranty). They also
offer them for $7.69 plus S&H.