wayne

sorry misread post no way it will work glue a piece of 2x4 or something al
little smaller probably 12" long using a good quality yellow wood glue or
gorilla glue with clamps while it dries then screw into that no way 1"
particle board will take any load trying to pull the screw out

Wayne

"willshak" wrote in message
On 11/29/2004 9:03 PM US(ET), jim evans took fingers to keys, and typed
the following:

I need to screw something to the bottom of a desktop made of 1"
particle board (the upper surface is wood veneer). It will experience
a fair amount of load, so I need the screws to hold securely. If it
were solid wood or plywood I would be confident it would hold, but my
experience is particle board does not hold screws well -- they crumble
out.
So, my question is, how can I put screws in the particle board such
that they will hold securely?

jim

A *lot* of L brackets?