jeff

(Marvelous) wrote in message . com...

Hi,

When you turn on my Tappan Gas Range (Model No. 30-3991)to Broiler,

That appears to be part of a full model#, I found...
30-3991-00-01 30-3991-00-02 30-3991-00-03 30-3991-23-01 30-3991-23-02

whether on Low or High, it has hardly any flame at all. The broiler
ignites but the flame is very small or only at the far end (in the
oven). By fanning my hand I can get the flame to "crawl" all the way
around the broiler burner. Does anyone know how to fix this so that
it works like it should?

Could be as simple as a dirty burner or clogged up with something (
spider web, ect ), so check the ignitors amp draw because if the
ignitor is drawing too little currect the gas safety valve cannot
fully open, last would be the gas safety valve itself.
http://www.applianceaid.com/images/h...e-ignsheet.jpg
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=12874
Broiler igniter assembly with bracket and wires, amperage range 3.2 -
3.6

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/