Barry Lennox

On 29 Nov 2004 19:23:01 -0800, (tillius)
wrote:

is 3/4 mdf strong enough to build a cabinet carcass for my shop tools
such as a rolling cabinet for my bench top drill press; mortiser; etc?

Would it be better to use 3/4" hardwood plywood or a dimensional
lumber frame with mdf skin?

tillman

I built the router table in FWW earlier this year. It's a 2x4 frame
with MDF covering (in most places) It's superstrong and would carry a
LOT more weight. However, I don't consider it would be very strong
just in MDF.

BTW, I get as much free MDF/laminate offcuts as ever required from a
kitchen manufacturer/fitout place, they have a dumpster round the back
with ample supplies all year round, you just can't be too picky about
the color though. Try to find one in your area.

Barry Lennox