Rob Stokes

I'm up and running again. Finally!! It's not as pretty as the last shop,
but it's functional and getting more-so every time I use it.. Thanks for
asking.

And no, I don't have 24 months! The wood's in the kiln and due out in a
few weeks (can't wait!!). Seriously thinking about making a new 2" thick
front door out of it...Craftsman style maybe??? Then I'd have to make a
matching screen door and...and...and...

The URL (below) is of a couple of kids gifts I finished on Sunday.
Worlds fastest toothbrushing stools (roller blade wheels)

http://www.robswoodworking.com/images/stools.jpg

Rob

patriarch wrote:
Rob Stokes wrote in

A group of Vancouver (BC) woodbutchers got together over a couple of
weekends, hired a fellow with an Alaskan mill and milled approx 1300 -
1500 bd ft of Silver maple. It was a downed tree that formerly lined
the driveway to an original homestead in our area. Woods's currently
in the kiln but we've found some fantastic figuring in it and are
looking forward to using it. It's not as hard as "hard" maple, but
it's a nice wood. Our total price, cut, milled (9/4) and dried will be
less than $0.55 / bd ft. Hard to beat.

Rob

Do you have your shop up and running again yet? From the sound of this
gloat, you have about 24 months...

Patriarch

--

http://www.robswoodworking.com