SawDust

Personally I would use the MDF. It's strong, heavy very rigid,
provides a nice smooth surface. It can be pouted and shaped into
just about profile "if you want fancy". Takes screws and glues well.
Lift a sheet and you will think your lifting a tank. It's heavy
stuff. Excellent for a rolling cabinet, cause the weight will work
to your advantage with a drill press or mortiser on top.

MDF is also less expensive than Plywood.

The only caveat.. When you cut MDF you "must" wear a dust mask.
The dust is a very fine partical and between the dust and adhesive
particals, they are both respiratory health issues. Decent dust
masks are cheap in comparison to your health.

Pat

On 29 Nov 2004 19:23:01 -0800, (tillius)
wrote:

is 3/4 mdf strong enough to build a cabinet carcass for my shop tools
such as a rolling cabinet for my bench top drill press; mortiser; etc?

Would it be better to use 3/4" hardwood plywood or a dimensional
lumber frame with mdf skin?

tillman