pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show machineman
wrote back on Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:48:34 GMT
in rec.crafts.metalworking :
wrote:

The rode level is higher than where my house is.

Steel punji sticks for them to impale the bottom of the car on :-)

Fun idea, as is the one with the anti-tank mines. Unfortunately, there
are so many killjoys out there, and far too many of them either work for
the government, or have fiends in low places (aka lawyers).

I have heard that a properly anchored chain link fence has good "crash
barrier" properties. Considering what happened when the acetylene tank
crashed into one, it might work for a car. [Tank fell over, knocked off
the valve, rocketed across the shop, through the wall, twenty five feet to
the chain link fence, was snagged by the chain link fence and pulled about
a hundred and fifty feet of it loose from the fence posts.]

The idea of a solid appearing fence might work as well, as it will
cause people to realize "The road turns ahead"). Put some reflectors on it
- about car headlight apart ...

tschus
pyotr

--