Chris

(jeff) wrote in
om:

Chris wrote in message
The wife called GE over the weekend and the repair guy said it was
the wave guide at fault. He said GE would be in contact with me in
the next 48 hours to schedule to replace the unit, as the defect was
under warranty.

Seemed odd to me, as the unit is 4 years old.

I looked up some info on these wave guides...tried cleaning the cover
of the wave guide; the problem (buzzing) is still there.

Hi,

*Some* of the GE units had a problem with the wave stir blade sending
some of the cooking power back towards the magnetron, which could
damage the magnetron.

GE had/has a magnetron and stir blade kit to repair this.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=875437
Microwave kit.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Hmmm...GE called tonight and is bringing a new unit within 5 business
days. I seriously didn't think wave guides were covered under warranty,
Jeff!

The repair guy said replacing the magnetron/stir blade wouldn't help.

I am going to take the control panel off the old model in case a neighbor
needs it, I've heard those things are about $200. We all have the same
model in our subdivision.

Great post, Jeff. The wife didn't want me to get zapped by that
capacitor. Guess its better to leave some things to the pros.

I sincerely thank you again for your assistance!

Chris