Dugie

"jeff" wrote in message om...
"Dugie" wrote in message ...

Hi,

The second problem with our Kenmore Clothes Washer, top loading model 110.4680290, 8 years old, is:

Built by Whirlpool/Inglis for Sears.

So I've been told. By Whirlpool.

RUST. It has been eating the baked-on enamel around the underside of the washer's cover opening for about 4

years,
snip

What does your use and care manual suggest the warranty is on the cabinet or rust?

Ha! No coverage, of course. If Sears won't do a repair under "warranty", I may take it to Small Claims court. Just
to make a point about planned obsolesence and poor workmanship. Depends on if I want to spend the $80CDN filing fee,
take a chance on having to pay Sears' lawyer(s), and how determined I will be.

Thanks to all for the responses. They've been excellent. Now, after I install the new pump, I hope I can just get
that water pump to recycle the soapy water during the wash cycle. :-)

- Dugie