Leon

"Jon Endres, PE" t wrote in
message ...
Snip

Someone else, can't remember who, has just introduced a variable speed
model.
Possibly Panasonic.

The Makita is variable speed which I would imagine would help prevent the
breakage of screws.

I find that if you need to be concerned about too tight, or about snapping
it off, use a cordless drill and predrill your holes, or a hand
screwdriver,
or even better, a bit and brace. I can get a boatload of torque out of a
14" swing brace and a square drive bit.

Well my 4 DeWalt batteries have seen better days. I have 4 cordless drills.
I might as well buy new rather than 2 new batteries. Makita has a deal
going from now til the end of the year. Buy the VS 12volt impact driver
with 2 batteries, case, and charger send in the rebate card and they send
you a 12 volt MForce drill.