Robert

bubbalouie asked the following:
I have a dilemma. I have collected loose nuts, bolts, screws, nails and
all kinds of hardware while cleaning up my shop. I have them in a
coffee can. Now I need to label this can. Since this hardware is not
sorted, do I label this assorted hardware, unsorted hardware or
unassorted hardware? I am so confused.
-bl

I have a container like that. It will never get sorted because there
is not enough of any one type of screw, nut, bolt or whatchamacallit
to separate into its own container. I call it my "whatnut jar". When
I need some particular item of hardware, I just dump it out, sort
through it, find the one or two items that I need and then scoop it
all back into the container.

You would think that eventually the container would become empty but
there is always that couple of odd items that I throw in there to keep
it replenished.