mac davis

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:46:57 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

mac davis wrote:

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:39:01 -0700, "buck"
wrote:
ok, I'll admit it...
My initial instinct when anything "clunks" or doesn't sound right is
to flinch away from the lathe and turn my back on it..
catching a flying cylinder on the butt is embarrassing, but catching
it on your head or face can ruin your whole day..

Just remember that catching it in a kidney is no fun either.

very true... though I think it would have to go through the tool rest
to hit me that low, loose things from the lathe, like footballs, can
take some pretty weird bounces..

Maybe it's just my instinctive reaction.. to protect my face/head..