pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show jim rozen
wrote back on 28 Nov 2004 10:29:33 -0800 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

I learned about this from a biography of Mr LeTournou,

Is that french for "Hydraulic Lock?"

:^)

Umm, I think it's French for "electrified earthmoving machines". :-)

He had an interesting point: his improvements to his machines meant he
could do the work of two men, but for some reason, contractors wouldn't
split the missing guys pay with him.

Other interesting detail, he learned welding as a helper, watching the
welder using the new-fangled oxy-acetylene method. Got "caught" trying it
out on his lunch break, and was fired as a helper, then hired back on as a
welder.

tschus
pyotr

--