igor

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:54:53 -0600, "Swingman" wrote:

"Rick DeShon" wrote in message

When I unplug the shop light or turn on the table saw I almost always
trip the GFI plug. Have to walk over and reset it nearly every time.

It's either tripping because it is doing its job, or its faulty (cheap).

Electricians are noted for not using the best unless you pay for it. The
first thing I would do is replace the receptacle with a hospital grade GFI
receptacle and see if it continues to trip.

Wow. I am a belt-and-suspenders kinda guy myself, but a hospital grade
breaker? IIRC, aren't they mucho $$$ (versus regular, yet good GFI
breaker)? Then again, I do suppose it is cheaper than a trip to the
hospital. Seriously, do you actually use them? -- Igor