willshak

On 11/29/2004 9:28 AM US(ET), Paul Giroux took fingers to keys, and
typed the following:

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:14:09 -0500, willshak
wrote:

You have to have a vacant socket in order to plug the socket into the
device.

Yes, but I'm talking about the test procedure if the socket is too big
to fit into the device; they make you remove one good bulb from each
string until the entire run no longer lights up, then you insert the
plug (the 2-prong 110v thing) into the Lightkeeper. That piece is what
is confusing me: there's no continuity anywhere, how does the circuit
completes so that the shunts "activate"?

It is saying to plug the empty bulb socket into the device, not the 110
plug.
quote
"Plug the light string *bulb socket* fully into the LightKeeper Pro
Socket Connector.
The metal contacts of the bulb socket should line up with the metal
contact of the LightKeeper Pro Socket Connector.
When properly inserted, the flat indentations of the Socket Connector
will match the parallel the indentation of the bulb socket".
/quote