Dave W

This may be totally off the mark, but here goes. I had a similar problem
with a small 120 volt planer. After looking at every possible problem, I
found that the plug was just barely engaged in the receptical. Pushed plug
in and problem solved.
Dave

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 29 Nov 2004 04:04:19 GMT, (Don97623) wrote:

However, just about 50% of the time I turn it on, the circuit breaker
trips.

I've no idea about US electrics....

But here in the UK we have circuit breakers that are either "Class B"
or "Class C". B is the usual domestic sort, C is a little
slower-acting (although the same current rating). if you have big
motors or welders, you need a class C to avoid this nuisance tripping.

--
Smert' spamionam