Mike Marlow

"George" george@least wrote in message
Or use your combination square, referencing to the miter groove, using the
ruler as a touch gage. If you are curious how far out is out, use cheap
feeler gages.

Should be same tooth - touch and touch fore and aft.

Yup. Funny how sometimes we get so used to doing things the way we do and
then overlook other, sometimes more simple or less expensive ways. It's
because I'm lazy - and maybe getting lazier the older I get, that I
recommend the dial indicator. It saves me having to mess around with my
feeler gauges to determine the error as I go back and forth. But, like I've
said about a lot of other things here, woodworkers have been doing a lot of
things in a lot of different ways for decades and in some cases, for
centuries, so my way sure as hell ain't the only way.
--

-Mike-