jim rozen

In article 7dEqd.4085$wa1.2802@lakeread04, Glenn Ashmore says...

I did an electricity generating demo for a 2nd grade class that kept their
attention. Took the secondary out of an old ignition coil and found a rare
earth magnet that fit loosely inside. After doing the wire/compass/magnet
thing I was starting to loose them so I "volunteered" the class loud mouth
to hold a couple of wires while I dropped the magnet through the coil. That
kept them enthralled for another 10 minutes.

Heh. The same effect can be done with a telephone magneto, too.
A kid did that in 5th grade, he made a "lie detector" that way.

Jim

please reply to: