Boris Mohar

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 19:54:03 -0500, "Waynemak"
wrote:

Ok it's not a big generator just enough to power a small bulb. I need to
explain this to a class of 6 year old children and keep them form getting
lost with other thoughts. ANY GOOD IDEAS or very short descriptions would be
a great help.

One of the ways to demonstrate the principle and reciprocity of motor-
generator is to connect. up two small identical motors to each other. You
turn one and the other one turns. You load one with your finger (motor) and
it is harder to runt the other (generator) Reverse the leads and the
rotation reversed. I have a pair of Maxon motors out of an old tape drive.
They are so sensitive that they will respond even to very slow rotation.
Floppy drive PM motors not steppers also work well.

--

Boris Mohar