Gary R. Lloyd

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 00:29:14 GMT, Bubba
wrote:

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 14:08:09 -0600, "TURTLE"
wrote:

"derek" wrote in message
89.191...
Could it be this simple
I looked carefully at the panels and noticed that the one on top was not
covering the exhaust completely. I then noticed that they are
interchangeable. It’s possible that when I had the unit inspected before we
bought the house (I wasn’t here) they mixed up the panels. With the long
one on the bottom there isn’t nearly the gap for air intake as with the
short panel.
Hmmmm.
Derek

This is Turtle.

You just fixed it for in the picture if that is they way you have it. You will
starve the burners for air by cutting off the air supply to it. The Doors was
your problem in the beginning. Get the Door right and it will not burn up the
burner area.

TURTLE

hehe. Too funny. Lloyd gives out gas pressure info (10"WC) that could
be confused by the 3.5" WC on the outlet side. I could just see this
guy cranking up his outlet pressure trying to reach 10"WC. Remember,
this is a guy that puts a door panel in the wrong place and starves
the burner for air.
Then Zypher starts guessing at everything then tells him he needs a
new furnace. That freakin Williamson will probably be there another 35
years. Those have heat exchangers made like a tank. This, for a guy
that didnt need to spend a penny and only needed to put the door on
properly. Although that new belt, without checking amperage draw, may
burn up your motor now.
Im not trying to chew on your asses (Lloyd or Zypher) but you've gotta
realize that you have no way of knowing what the poster is or isnt
capable of. Something as simple as a door on wrong can kill. Its going
to get someone hurt.
Derek, just remember, there are rocket scientists and engineers out
there and I wouldnt dare let them near my furnace.
Your kiln building means nothing in the hvac world. Two completly
different animals
clip, clomp, clomp (stepping down off the soap box)
Bubba

As I see it, he was clever enough to figure out the door thing. I
don't think I have misjudged his capabilities at all.

But why criticize in here? This is alt.home.repair, Advice is free,
and worth every penny.

Gary R. Lloyd CMS
HVACR Troubleshooting Books/Software
https://www.merchantamerica.com/tmethod/