Joel M. Eichen

On 29 Nov 2004 03:54:19 -0800, (Paul Giroux)
wrote:

Art Todesco wrote in message news:Dooqd.157815$HA.23705@attbi_s01...

All this said, there is (was?) a company that builds a high voltage
pulser to break down the shunts. It was called Lightkeeper, however, I
suspect they are out of business as their web page doesn't work.

I found
www.lightkeeper.biz. Neat device. eBay also has 'em, but they
look like "older" versions.

This discussion has me thinking. Perhaps one could wire a BBQ ignitor,
also a piezo device, to the string of lights and that too would send a
pulse out to the lights.

This is true. You could cook your turkey and get the Christmas tree
all decorated all in one shot.

UNLESS you deep-fry the turkey instead of BBQ it .....

Or like that TURDunkin' stuff.

However, what I don't understand and perhaps
somebody can explain, is why (following the Lightkeeper's
instructions) they make you remove one bulb from each set of lights
prior to plugging the light string into the device. I mean that way
there's no continuity to the shunt. Maybe I'm missing something.