Hans

"Sanford Imhoff" wrote in message news:sxGpd.148135$HA.58313@attbi_s01...
--snip--
Anybody gone through the same thing or have any words of advice? Thanks in
advance for your help.

Yes, I did.
I am the happy user of a Oneway Stronghold, but wanted a lighter chuck
a.o. for cutting screw threads.
Like Lynn suggested I looked for complementary functions of jaws
first. In my case the range of pin/long nose jaws of the Vicmarc was
the deciding factor.
I ordered a VM 100 with several sets of jaws from Carrolls in
Australia at a price that -including postage and taxes- was far below
what is usual here in Europe.
On arrival there was a problem with one of the jaws, wich was replaced
promptly, without any cost to me.

I have been turning a lot of christmas ornaments this last month with
the long nose jaws, a pleasure to be able to reach nearly everything
from the headstock side.

Hans