Ringo Langly

"Dugie" wrote in message ...
Wow! How long ago did you buy the house? If it's recent (a realtor can advise you), you have recourse over that
"...15 spent oil filters with TONS of oil on the ground in backyard behind shed."

This sounds like non-disclosure by the person who sold to you, and can be big trouble for that seller; and
hopefully, not you. This is not to mention environmental damage being done.

- Dugie

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the great replies. After working with the window for
almost 2 hours i finally did get all 7 screws out -- though it nicked
the hell out of the window. I used a flathead screwdriver and hammer
to bend-up the head of each screw then used some plyers to turn the
screw while using the screwdriver to seperate the inside of the window
frame and the window itself. Generally when trying to turn the screw
by hand either it didn't turn or just kept turning withotu coming out.
At anyrate the window is open and the room feels GREAT!

As for the oil I mentioned, yes I should've said something about this
after buying the house. I purcahsed this house two years ago when it
was winter -- so i didn't notice the oil until I started doing
yardwork about 4 months later. I found out by the neighbor that the
guy would drain his boat and 4-wheeler oil directly on the ground and
just pitch the oil filters in the corner of the yard. Luckily it's
between the shed and fence, so I won't be using this area for anything
other then storage, but I'm planning on digging-up the soil about 6-12
inches deep, digging-up deeper soil not contaminated, and burying the
oily soil with good soil on top. I still won't probably ever be able
to grow anything here, but at least it'll have a cleaner area for
storage. The oil cans I took to a local place the recycles them.

Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas on the stuck screws though.
I'm just now starting some major home repairs, so I'm sure they'll be
put to good use soon

Ringo